As much as I'd like to be philanthropically funded for my work on
Dusk OS and Collapse OS, this hasn't happened yet and to keep
myself from needing to spend time working with modern technology, I offer
coaching and training services on the subject of low level programming. The
idea goes thus:
- You tell me of a specific subject you'd like to learn about or, even better,
of a particular piece of work you're being stuck on.
- It doesn't have to be about Dusk OS or Collapse OS, but it has to be something
I'm interested in, that is, low level programming.
- I tell you whether:
- I know that particular subject well, so our interaction will mostly be
a brain dump, very cost effective.
- I have moderate familiarity with the subject and will have to do some
research, so it's a bit more time consuming.
- I have low familiarity, but I like the subject. Maybe we can split cost
if I like the subject enough, but otherwise it might cost you.
- I don't want to do it.
- My rate is 100 CAD per hour.
- If things work out, I do a bit of research if needed and then we do video-
conferencing (or another type of real-time communication medium) until we
solve your problem together.
- Yes, there's tons of free learning ressources all around, but sometimes, what
we really need is some hand-holding navigating this vast, vast world. And
going to university is overkill.
For most people, that kind of expense is a luxury that they'll probably not
want to engage simply for personal learning pleasure, but I'm also thinking
it's the kind of expense that some employers would agree too, if presented
My name is Virgil Dupras and I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.